Colorado Family Orthodontics has been serving patients throughout Colorado for over 25 years. Our practice is led by orthodontist and sleep apnea specialist, Dr. Paul Hamersky.
Nine Convenient Locations
We offer appointments at nine area offices, which makes it easier for you to choose the most convenient locations. Schedule an appointment at:
Our Treatment Philosophy
Dr. Hamersky has developed a list of philosophies that help his patients align their expectations for treatment. These include:
- Always take the most conservative approach first. Since we are not usually treating life threatening conditions, we believe in starting off with a mild approach and increasing intensity only if needed.
- If treatment isn’t working, make adjustments. Some doctors are hesitant to change a treatment plan because they don’t want to admit their original treatment plan was “incorrect.” Dr. Hamersky knows that everyone responds to treatment differently and changes are often part of the process.
- Inform patients of their choices. There is often more than one way to solve a problem. Dr. Hamerksy believes in informing patients of available methods and allowing them to decide what is best.
- Reduce compliance on children. Reduce removable additions to braces that require discipline from patients. This includes headgear, which Dr. Hamersky doesn’t use.
- It is always best to evaluate children while they are young. It is a good idea to help children build up trust by bringing them to the orthodontist early and it can help establish a treatment plan. However, it is important to wait for permanent teeth to develop before treatment begins.
- It is never too late to benefit from orthodontics. Dr. Hamersky doesn’t agree with statements like “it’s not worth it anymore.” He has treated patients as old as 76 years.
Initial Free Consultation
If you or your child needs braces, you can start things off with a free consultation with Dr. Hamersky. At this appointment, Dr. Hamersky will discuss you or your child’s recommended orthodontic treatment.
In patients younger than 18, we will take one panoramic radiograph scan of the jaws and teeth, so Dr. Hamersky can assess progress of teeth that may have not yet emerged. The consultation will last about 45 minutes, and when you leave you will have:
- An understanding of the orthodontic problems and recommended treatment.
- The exact cost of the treatment (not an estimate).
- A full review of payment options including your insurance benefits (please provide your insurance information ahead of time for this purpose).
- An estimate of the projected time required to complete treatment.
- The next steps for starting treatment.
Growth Guidance Program
If treatment is not yet needed, Dr. Hamersky may recommend you bring your child to the office at a later date. These children become members of our Growth Guidance Program. Most often, treatment is delayed to await the arrival of permanent teeth. Until most adult teeth erupt, children won’t benefit from two phase orthodontic treatment. During your child’s time in Growth Guidance, they will have complimentary appointments every six months during which Dr. Hamersky will evaluate teeth as they grow.